Monday, June 14, 2004

How I Spent My Fantabulous Weekend

It was quite a busy weekend here in Cara's World. And all of it was fantastic. A little more sleep would have been nice, only because it would have made my Monday a bit easier, but who needs sleep? Now for the break-down of the festivities:

1) The Aufruf: Two of my favoritest people celebrating their upcoming wedding. Good friends, good food (Avi may be the reigning Cholent King of Chicago. Not to be confused with Abe Froman), good times. Mazel tov!
2) The Birthday Party: My absolutely adorable cousin Ilana celebrated her 1st birthday on shabbos afternoon. My cousins from Madison came in for the weekend with their adorable children. My family rocks.
3) The Bachelorette Party: I won't say much about this, because so many of my loyal minions seem to be male, and therefore cannot know the details of such female rituals. Let me just say that all drinks are more fun when they come in buckets.
4) The Softball Game: We've already discussed this. Go, Smashers, Go!
5) The Lunch: I met a friend for lunch, who I haven't spent much time hanging out with, in the past. 'Twas lovely. Besides, there was avocado in my lunch, and avocado is really yummy. So is coffee, when you're running on 3 hours of sleep.
6) The Graduation Party: Even though it was in the suburbs (which are evil), 'twas also lovely. I got to see Erica, who I never get to see, since she decided to move to California (which, for the record, is a sillier place than Camelot). And I got to see Erica's family, who I haven't seen in at least 5 years, if not more.

It's really hard to pick a highlight, since it was all so wonderful. I suppose it would have to be a tie between the Bachelorette and Graduation parties. But for very different reasons.

Now all I need is a nap.

No comments: