Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Consume This!

I'm a Jpost.com kind of girl. I check the website several times a day. Normally, like most frequent 'Net surfers, I simply ignore the various advertisements, having trained my eye to only see that which I want to see.
 
Today, however, a particular ad on the Jpost.com homepage caught my eye. It was a picture of a large platter of shrimp. Looking more closely, I saw that this was a consumer survey link, with the heading "Dinner at Red Lobster On Us!" Reading on, I see that it is really offering a $50 gift card to Red Lobster, Outback Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Applebee's, and many more (personally, I'm more interested in the "many more").
 
Seems like a great offer, right? Fill out the consumer survey, win a $50 dollar dinner. There's just one problem. We (i.e. Jews) don't consume shrimp. Or lobster. Or 99% of the items offered at any of these restaurants. Didn't they get the memo?

No comments: