Saturday, August 28, 2004

Emotional Jet Lag

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Due to work-related pressures and obligations, I've found myself shoved back into L.B.I. (Life Before Israel), and it's been somewhat brutal. I remember going through this a bit when I came back from Israel in January 2003, but it was far milder then, undoubtedly due to the fact that I had no job in those days. Logically, it should have been harder back then. After all, I had nothing in particular to come back to America for, so why bother coming back?

No, it's much harder this time. There are parts of my life in Chicago that I enjoy, and people that I love, yet there is a voice in my head saying "You came back for this?" And it's very, very difficult to ignore that voice.

So I do what I always do in such situations, when I find myself doing what I'd rather not be doing, or being where I'd rather not be...I dream about the day that I can be where I want, doing what I want to do. And I plan for a way to make it happen.

It took my body less than 24 hours to adjust to being back in Chicago, back on my working gal schedule. It's taking the rest of me much longer to catch up.

No comments: