Monday, February 07, 2005

Weekend Report

It was another lovely weekend in Cara’s World. Shabbos was not only quiet and peaceful, but also somewhere around 50ºF and sunny. I went to a friend’s for dinner and played Jewish geography with the other dinner guests. Shabbos day was mostly spent with Joe, Gila, and the increasingly cute and funny Dino.

Motzei shabbos, I accompanied Jake to a work party. We grabbed a quick bite to eat, stopped at my place so I could change outfits, and went out again to celebrate Leah’s birthday. And danced and danced and danced.

Sunday morning, my parental units and I met up with a cousin for brunch. It’s probably been the better part of 10 years since I’ve seen this particular cousin. Then I vegged at home until it was time for the Superbowl. I made my way over to Bearish’s, and enjoyed good company, awesome food, and mediocre football. The best commercial had to be the one from the American Mortgage Co with the cat. I finally got to taste Bearish’s famous (or infamous) hot wings, and declare them to be phenomenal. The homemade teriyaki wings, fried chicken, and fries were also incredible. Major Kudos to Bearish and Bryan for doing the cooking. I’ve decided that if the man I marry doesn’t come with his own deep fryer, we’re definitely putting it on our registry.

No comments: