Friday, August 20, 2010

CarasWorld: Take Two (or Three?)

It's been about two years since I've posted, and even longer since I posted on a regular basis. Somehow getting married and working full-time not only took up my time, but also my inspiration for blogging. As I started getting ready for shabbos this afternoon, it suddenly occurred to me that perhaps I was actually interested in reviving this blog.

I don't expect to have any readers. Maybe, just maybe, CarasWorld is still on someone's RSS feed, and they'll suddenly see me pop up again, after vanishing into the void. Maybe some people will stumble here by mistake. And maybe no one will ever really read it. Truth is, I don't know that it matters so much anymore. When I first started blogging, I wanted readers. I would check on my site stats to see how many people stopped by that day. I would try to think of catchy post titles and posts that would be relevant to others...and that eventually led to my cessation from blogging. I couldn't think of anything interesting. I couldn't figure out why anyone else would really want to read this thing. After all, my world isn't all that fascinating to anyone who doesn't already know what's going on in my life (unless I have a stalker I don't know about).

But right now, I really just need a place to express myself. The past few years have brought so many changes in my life, and it would be nice to have a place to talk about them. When I started this blog, I was a new college graduate, single, living with my parents in Chicago, and trying to figure out who I wanted to be. Particularly with regards to my Jewish identity. In the time since then, I've lived on a kibbutz and gone to ulpan, lived in Jerusalem for a few months, gone back to Chicago for graduate school, lived on my own, gotten a masters in social work, gotten married, moved to Queens, had a baby, and moved to Canada. Big changes.

So here's where we are now, as I try for a fresh start: I'm Cara. I'm 29 years old, have been married 2 years, have a 7 week old son, and have been living in Canada for 3 weeks. My current occupation is being a mother. I have a lot of down time in which to think. Let's see where this takes me...

No comments: