Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Volunteering For Israel

Those who know me also know that I've been talking about getting myself back to Israel for over a year now, and have been hoarding all of my paid personal time for exactly that purpose. Sadly, the friend I was hoping to travel with is not in a position to be able to commit to a travel date, and so my trip has gone back into the hazy realm of 'someday'. And then, yesterday, Becky suggested going on Volunteers for Israel.

For those not in the know, VFI is a program that allows travelers to Israel to work on a military base, or in some cases, in a hospital, for 2-3 weeks. It's a program I've long known about, but not actually considered. Right now, however, it seems perfect for me.

I wasn't going to post about it until I got more details. Or, at least, informed my parental units that I was even contemplating it. But in light of today's murder of more Israeli soldiers, it seemed particularly relevant, and particularly important, that I post this after all.
I'm wondering if any of my faithful followers, or those who happen to wander this way, have been on this program, or know people who have. I'm just looking for feedback here.

No comments: