Wednesday, December 15, 2004

A Day in the Life of Me

8:00-8:20am: Wait in the bitter cold winter weather as 3 full buses go by, while trying to ignore the pitying looks from the warm and toasty people on said buses.
8:50am: Despite being 20 minutes late to work, there is no coffee already made. Unwilling to wait for the pot to brew, I drink tea. Now I'm warm, but not awake yet.
9:30-11:00am: Staff meeting.
11:00am-1:00pm: Conference call. Since one of the participants is on a cell phone, I can't really hear if I put the phone on speaker. After 2 hours, the phone has become one with my ear.
1:00-2:00pm: Freedom! Fresh air! Caffeine! Over all too quickly.
2:00-4:00pm: I have no idea where these hours went. I know I sat in front of my computer. I ate. I devoted some attention to my split ends.
4:00-5:30pm: Conference call #2. At least I could put it on speaker. This allows me to multi-task: I can listen, examine more split ends, edit a few documents, send some emails, and blog at the same time.

Later tonight: Stay in and do laundry or schmooze with Jews? Only time will tell...

No comments: