Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Man Was Listening

This is an update to Monday night's bus fiasco.

When I finally got home, I sent a letter of complaint to the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the bus company. We all know that nothing ever happens when you write letters of complaint. Unless you send them to Starbucks. But I didn't think that I'd get any free coffee coupons by sending in this particular letter.

So imagine my surprise when I got home last night (a.k.a. Tuesday night), and had a message on my machine from the super-intendent of the Northern IL district of the bus company. I returned the call, leaving a message of my own. Today, at work, the assistant super-intendant called me back.

Turns out the bus company takes complaints very seriously. They've already scolded the bus driver (who, of course, denies the whole thing), and will continue to monitor his service performance. The assistant super gave me his direct phone line, in case I should ever have a problem with any of the buses ever again.

That's some serious customer service. If only I didn't feel guilty about getting the bus driver in trouble...

No comments: