Thursday, March 17, 2005

Week in Review

I think we can safely say that this week sucked. I went straight from processing my weekend in Pittsburgh to processing my rejection from Dorot.

On the positive side, I'm booking another trip to Pittsburgh, and will therefore see Liz again in about 3 weeks. And I've already crafted a few new ideas (with the help of Becky, and the shlicha, and the Internet) for getting myself to Israel.

On the even more positive side, I'm a little overwhelmed by all the love and support that my friends and family have given me during the past week. Especially since my usual tendency when I'm unhappy is to not talk to anyone and keep my thoughts and feelings to myself. So thanks to those of you who didn't let me do that, and who called me, hugged me and fed me ice cream. Particularly my parental units, Big Brother/Allie, Joe/Gila, Becky, Allan and Susan.

I'm no longer feeling sad and meh. I'm focused on what lies ahead, and have already put this whole fellowship thing behind me. I don't like feeling depressed, so I decided to get over it. I guess it's one of the advantages of having a strong mind.

Veitur!

No comments: