Monday, September 13, 2004

Tomboy In Lace

Frank Sinatra sang a song called 'Nancy' that had a line somewhere in it about a 'tomboy in lace'. That's kind of how I've been feeling the past few days. Over shabbos I wore what may be my girliest outfit- fragile, pink, and flowy. Very feminine, and something I would not have dreamt of trying on, let alone buying, a year ago. Or six months ago, for that matter.

And then Becky and I went shopping yesterday, because we both needed new clothes for yontif. Well, she needed new clothes. I just like buying something new, because my wonderful grandmother, a"h, always wanted me to have something new for Rosh Hashana and Pesach. One of Becky's outfits was a very snazzy, stylish red, black and cream number...three of the colors I wear most. My purchases? Pastel. Both of them.

One lilac, one pink, both flowery. And you know what? I like it that way!

No comments: