Friday, January 21, 2005

Career Change

I’m hereby leaving the world of overworked, underpaid do-gooders. I’m moving to Baltimore and going into business with the Star-K.

This is sheer brilliance. I don’t have to marry these people. I don’t even have to guarantee that they stay married. Just get them to the chuppah, and then book myself a trip to someplace exotic. Or, seeing as how I am a nice Jewish girl over the age of 22 years and 2 months, I can get married and make money simultaneously. I’ll move to Baltimore, make some friends, have them introduce me to some nice Jewish boys, pick one to marry, and then split the cash. It’s a win-win situation.

I don’t know which is more ridiculous: the JPost mentionting a repeal of the ban on polygamy as a solution to us pesky single Orthodox girls, or the Star-K referring to marriage as a “non-edible” mitzvah.

No comments: