Saturday, January 08, 2005

Mommy, Make The Bad Man Stop

And we encounter the same problem again.

I seem to be on some kind of sadistic merry-go-round. For the past several months, I have been saying the same thing to the same person. Each time, I hope that this encounter will be the last. Sometimes for a week, at most a month, everything seems to be over. And then it starts right up again. The same dialogue. The same result.

I've been honest. I've given up on trying to be gentle, because gentleness seems to be misinterpreted. I say exactly what I mean. Yet the other person chooses either not to believe what I say or not to respect my wishes. (For those Pride & Prejudice fans out there, think Mr. Collins. Somehow, my repeated requests to be left alone are being taken for "the coquetry of an elegant female").

I refuse to go through this again and again and again. I'm bringing in reinforcements. And if that doesn't work, I'm leaving the country.

No comments: