Sunday, November 07, 2004

Israeli Film Fest Review- Tza'ad Katan

Having cancelled my second Date with Brain on Thursday night, tonight's film was my first foray into the exciting world of Israeli cinema. I chose to see the showing of Tza'ad Katan (One Small Step), which luckily turned out not to be the JDate-sponsored movie. Since I was not sure when I left for the theater if any of my friends would be joining me, the idea of going to a JDate event by myself on a motzei Shabbat was slightly less than appealing. But, as it turned out, the one and only Adam R. Davis joined me at the theater, so I was not alone after all.

The movie was wonderful. If any of you have a chance to see this film, I highly recommend it. I liked it so much that I may even purchase it. The characters are diverse and well-developed, the plot stays interesting, and although the events of the film are, for the most part, serious and emotional, the director manages to avoid turning the film into either a complete melodrama or a total sob fest. I don't really want to say more about it, because some of my friends here may still go see it, and I'd hate to ruin it for them. But this movie is definately worth seeing. One of the best movies I've seen in a while.

No comments: