Monday, November 22, 2004

Ode To Bogey

I watched Casablanca tonight, with a good friend of mine. For some reason, both of us had been thinking about the movie in the past couple of days, and my friend happens to own it on DVD. So instead of going out to see The Incredibles (which I still very much want to see), we stayed in and watched one of the greatest movies ever.

Casablanca is probably one of my Top 5 Favorite Films (American films, that is). Truth be told, I'm really just a sucker for Humphrey Bogart. It doesn't matter if he's playing a saloon keeper or a private investigator. There's just something about that no-nonsense attitude combined with dry humor and an almost careless kind of charm. How is a woman supposed to resist?

They just don't make men the way they used to. But that's what DVDs are for, right? So let's add to Cara's Chanukah Wish List:
5) Any and all Humphrey Bogart movies on DVD

In other news, one of my best friends from high school left me a voicemail tonight, giving me the heads up that she'll soon be sending me pictures of her in various wedding dresses, so that I can help her decide which one she wants. It just seems to be a sentimental sort of night here in my world.

No comments: