Friday, June 22, 2007

Estrogen Levels Reach All-Time High

It all started with the haircut/donation (And yes, despite my anxiety, the haircut is very cute and I've received many compliments).

As soon as I had my shorter, sassy 'do, I decided that it was time to color my hair a more vibrant shade of red. My curls are now "Ruby Twilight".

No sooner did I decide to color my hair than I, upon noticing a Sale sign in a local shoe store, decide that I need sassy new shoes to go with my sassy new hair cut and color. I walk out with 3 pairs of shoes, although I told myself after buying 3 pairs in Montreal that I was done buying shoes for a while.

Then I went home and touched up my eyebrows. And then I decided that it was a good time to exfoliate, tone and moisturize. If I'd had time, I might painted my fingernails to match my recent pedicure.

I vaguely remember this happening the last time I donated my hair. At the time, I chalked it up to pre-Israel excitement. I don't have that excuse right now. So, I must conclude that getting a hair cut causes estrogen levels to rise, creating stronger-than-usual urges to primp, polish and purchase. I don't know if this is just a natural phenomenon that occurs post-haircut (seeing as how I only get haircuts once every two years or so), but I think this is like a girl version of what happens to men once they start doing home improvement and repairs. As soon as they fix one thing, they notice all the others that they should fix. Or so I'm told.

No comments: