Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Three times the charm?

I realized that I neglected to include one particular piece of advice for guys in my earlier post:

5) Do not ask a question multiple times in a row.

To illustrate, let's create a scenario. Let's say you gave the Girl your phone number at the same time you asked for hers. This means she has your number. Therefore, the following dialogue should never take place at the end of your phone call:
Guy: Do you have my number?
Girl: Yeah, I have it.
Guy: So you have my number?
Girl: Yeah....I have your number.
Guy: You have my number, right?

Now let's fast forward a couple of days. Let's say the Girl calls you, mostly because you've already called her twice in 3 hours, and she assumes you won't stop unless she calls back. Now, in order for her to call you, she has to have actually dialed your number, which means she has it. Therefore, there is no reason whatsoever to end the conversation by asking:
Guy: So, you have my number, right?

No comments: