Monday, February 09, 2004

Unofficial Musical Review

After much careful deliberation, I hereby declare the plastic electronic saxophone to be the strangest, most un-cool instrument ever. This is the best picture of this bizarre noise-maker I could find for you. You really have to see it to believe it. I've only seen this thing played by one person, so I'll try to describe it for you: it's about 14" tall, made of silvery-grey plastic, and it plugs into an outlet. Then you blow into the mouthpiece while pressing whichever key you want (it makes no difference really, as this thing has no actual tone), and lo and behold! You are now the most irritating "musician" ever. Scariest part: these wretched things run about US$75 retail. I can't imagine paying that kind of money for such a strange, annoying "instrument." And this is coming from someone who plays an autoharp!

No comments: