Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Return Of Meh

Many people in Cara's World have reported feeling unusually meh last week. Those of you who actually spoke to this blog last week probably noticed this increased influence of meh. It took a couple of days to figure it out, but this blog believes it has discovered the underlying reasons for its meh-ness.

I'm in a rut. It makes no sense, seeing as how I had a different friend in town each weekend for the past 3 weeks, and how I have a new super-important project going on at work (in addition to the other important tasks I was already working on). Somehow, despite all this new and exciting stuff, I still feel like I'm in a rut.

I know that a lot of it is just frustration. My essay-writing is not going as smoothly as I had planned. Writer's block is not something I usually suffer from, and I don't know how to work around it. And time, which had been zooming by nicely, decided to slow down, making July seem very far away. My work-play routine is seeming very, well, routine. Even when I'm very busy, I go to bed at night wondering, 'What did I actually do today?'

If everything goes as planned, I have only 8 more months living the life I currently live. I don't want to spend any of those 8 months in a rut. How do I break myself out of it?

No comments: