Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Laugh with me...please

While I was watching the superbowl, I kept seeing commercials for the upcoming Grammy awards, and I couldn't help but notice Britney Spears posing while wearing...well, just glitter. This got me thinking about fame and the power of the public. I have clear memories of other less-than-talented young artists who acquired a bit of fame. Like the Hanson brothers, and their musical masterpiece with the genius name of "MMM...Bop." Sure, the song was on the radio for a while. But then we all got smart, and started to laugh at them, and lo and behold! They soon vanished, like chocolate at a slumber party. Now, I keep laughing at Britney. And she's just not going away, which makes me think that my laughter alone is simply not powerful enough. So I think we should start an international "Laugh at Britney" campaign, and together we can doom her to a life spent playing Tiddlywinks with the Hanson Brothers. Laugh with me, friends. It's for a good cause.

No comments: