Monday, February 23, 2004

Someone's got a case of the Mondays...

I saw something truly depressing this morning. I had to be at the office at 7:30, which meant catching my bus a full hour earlier than I usually do. I figured the bus would be fairly empty. After all, how many other people go to work at 7:30am? The bus was full, passengers standing all the way to where the driver's seat. Somehow I doubt that all these people were going to work unusually early, like I was. This means they normally get to work at 7:30am. That's just wrong. And very, very sad.

I believe that there is equilibrium in the universe, which means that for every workaholic, there is a person out there partying away their life. Now, I've been working long hours for the past month, and that means someone else has been having extra fun for each extra hour I've worked. Well, whoever you are, I'm cutting your party hours down to 40 per week. I want my fun back! It's mine, and I no longer feel like sharing.

No comments: