Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Sheva Assar B'Tammuz

While I had an amazingly fun weekend, it doesn't quite seem right to post the usual weekend update right now. So you'll all have to be patient, and wait until tomorrow or the next day.

But today, I think we'll keep things fairly somber and low-key. Sheva Assar B'Tammuz and Tisha B'Av are not easy fasts for me. I find it incredibly difficult to keep my mind focused on the reason behind the day, on the meaning of it all. Yom Kippur is far easier, because it's a yontiv. But being at work, going about my business, and trying to keep at least a part of my mind focused on Sheva Assar B'Tammuz and the start of the Three Weeks (as opposed to just thinking about the fact that I'm hungry)...it's not easy for me.

So, to keep things somber, I offer this link, sent to me by my father. (Note: it really should be watched with sound)
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jewish-story/filmang.htm

No comments: