Thursday, October 21, 2004

Book Review Part Two

Ok, I just finished the book. And while I still don't think it's the sum of all wisdom, I'm still very glad I read it. I stand by my assertion that every single chick should read it as well.

The simple truth is that I, like most woman, make excuses for whatever guy I'm currently interested in. I sometimes still make excuses for guys that I haven't been interested in for a long time, because it's somehow easier than facing the reality that he just didn't feel the same way about me that I did about him. The whole purpopse of this book is to get us single chicks to stop making those excuses and get on with our lives.

He's kinda seeing someone else? Then he's probably just not that into me.
He's still with his ex? Well, he's obviously just not that into me!
He's scared of relationships and committment? Nope! He's just not that into me.
He doesn't want to damage the friendship? I think I hear this one most of all. Yeah, right. More like he's just not that into me.
The timing is off? This is the second most common one. Just got out of a relationship, has a lot on his plate, blah blah blah...they all boil down to one thing. He's just not that into me.

You'd think this would all be depressing. Strangely, I find it to be exactly the opposite. I mean, if I have to spend all this time and energy trying to figure out if a guy is actually interested in being with me, he can't actually be all that interested in being with me. Because if he were, wouldn't he make that crystal clear, so that I don't go find someone else?

Now, of course, one must make allowances for circustamces and whatnot. I don't think life, dating, or men are ever as cut-and-dried as this book makes it seem. But the important thing to remember, ladies, is that we're good enough, we're smart enough, and doggone it! People like us. So why do we waste so much of our time on guys who don't know how to show us that they like us?

No comments: