Monday, October 18, 2004

My Big Date

The Chicago International Film Festival is running through Thursday of this week. It seems like prime date opportunity to me. There were numerous films on Sunday alone that I wanted to see. Sadly, I have no one with whom I can share this week of interesting, intellectual movie-going fun. Then I had a brilliant idea.

I can take myself to the movies! And so, tonight, after shopping with Becky, I plan on taking my brain out on a date. I think this is a fabulous solution. After all, my brain provides me with an endless source of amusement, so I know I'll have a good time. I don't have to worry about which movie to pick, because I already know my brain's tastes and preferences. Admittedly, my brain is a little crazy sometimes, but that just keeps things lively.

Why do I need a companion, let alone a male companion? I'm my own hot date. Maybe I'll even buy myself Twizzlers.

No comments: