Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Happy Happy! Joy Joy! #10

My Shabbos crew in St Louis used to insist that I, of all the ladies, would be the first to get engaged. I, however, said that Rebecca would be the first to go. She had a distinct advantage over me in the form of a serious boyfriend, willing to travel to another city to be with her after graduation, whereas my love life bore fewer identifiable signs of life than the surface of Pluto.

After a year and a half, we finally have an answer.

I'm delighted to send a Mazel Tov out into the void to Rebecca Belzer and Ari Elias-Bachrach on their engagement this past Sukkos. (And yes, Ari is the same serious boyfriend. Or was, before he had the good sense to become her fiance)

I love being right. So let me just say this once and get it over with...I told you so!

No comments: