Monday, April 19, 2004

My MO (and I'm not talking "Law & Order")

As I rule, I stay out of the more "theological" debates (for lack of a better term) often engaged in by my fellow bloggers Velvel and Prodly. After all, they get into enough arguments with other people as is. Why fan the flames? Despite my tendency to liberally lace my blog with Yiddish and Hebrew words, I don't feel the need to defend my place in the wide world of Jewish Bloggers.

Yet, I now do have something to defend: my shul. Whatever its other pros and cons, strengths and weaknesses may be, it has always done Seudah Shlishit (or Shalosh Seudos, if you so prefer) well. MOChassid laments the loss of singing, divrei Torah, and camaraderie at Shalosh Seudos in the "MO movement." Maybe this is true in NY's MO shuls, and Shalosh Seudos has become something else entirely there. Maybe this is also true in other shuls here in Chicago. But not in Velvel's and my shul, where there is always camaraderie, always singing, and usually Torah (and I do not just say this because the Torah is often coming out of my mouth).

To MOChassid, I give a hearty kol hakavod, because he seems to truly care about Klal Yisroel, and truly wants to increase the kedushat Hashem in this world. Yet, before speaking about the state of affairs in the MO world outside of NY, I suggest he comes and visits for a shabbos. Velvel makes one hell of a cholent.

No comments: