Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Spam, Spam, Baked Beans, Eggs, and Spam

After a lovely chag, it's time to resume my normal routine and go to work. So be it. Such is life. At least I can start my morning with Starbucks caffeine again. (and a free grande Starbucks caffeine, since my maternal unit gave me a coupon. She loves me.)

So I get to my office, reminding myself that it's not actually Monday, and I boot up my computer. I check my direct e-mail account. 14 messages. That's pretty mild, given that I was out of the office for 2 days. And given that the office was closed. Then I check the general, open-to-the-public e-mail account.

777 unread messages.

And about 765 of them were spam or virus-infected. This is clearly unnecessary. I think it would be a lot more efficient to combine these unwanted messages, and have the sex-related e-mails be the same ones that transmit viruses. If that's how real life viruses are transmitted, why not transmit virtual viruses in a parallel manner?

No comments: