Monday, March 29, 2004

Froogle This

I use Google frequently throughout the day. I would even go so far as to call myself a Google guru, based on my experience and skill in finding precisely what I'm looking for.

Today I was surprised by an addition of yet another tentacle to the Google octopus: Froogle. It's based off of the word 'frugal,' and is supposedly the smart way to shop.

Verdict: It's terrible. Absolutely awful. Even with my amazing range of Googling skills, it was a horrible experience. I experimented by searching for a pair of GAP jeans, and got 156 results. The first 16 were actually pairs of jeans. The next 6 were books. 5 out of those 6 were the exact same children's book, and the last was about a Chassid who wears GAP jeans and a Buffalo Bills T-shirt. It just went downhill from there.

Moral of the story: Beware the Froogle Monster! Stay far, far away! The warning of the Google Guru is not to be thrown away lightly.

No comments: