Monday, March 22, 2004

Time Warp

The clock on the bus this morning read "02/04/88 12:15 AM" when I boarded.

At first I found it funny. And then I actually began thinking about it (having little else to do, since I left my book at home).

What if there was a bus that was actually a time machine? I would get on, thinking I was going to work, and I'd get off in time to get to my first grade homeroom. I mean, I liked first grade and all, but I wouldn't want to be 6 years old again. And how would I get back? I wasn't allowed to take the CTA by myself when I was that age! Or would I be the current Cara, but stuck in another dimension? Would there be 2 Caras at the same time, in the same place?

The depressing part is the thought that some of my first grade classmates would still be taller than I am now.

No comments: