Thursday, March 25, 2004

The Unfairness Of It All

A recent news update in the Jerusalem Post said that tourists are rapidly canceling their hotel and plane reservations for Pesach vacations to Israel, due to fears of escalating terrorist attacks.

I understand those fears, and I cannot say I truly blame them for backing out. Yet, at the same time, I do blame them. I've been trying to get back to Israel for over a year now. My long hoped-for 2 week vacation will most likely have to be postponed, due to circumstances beyond my control (which, for the record, have nothing whatsoever to do with terrorists trying to keep me out of my own homeland). So here I am, trying desperately to hold on to the hope that I will be in Eretz Yisroel before this calendar year is through, and all these people who have the chance to go in the next few weeks are backing out.

As a service to society, this blog gladly volunteers to relieve them of their tickets and reservations. Unless they come to their senses, remember that Israel needs their support, and decide to go this Pesach anyway.

For all those who are not canceling their plans, kol hakavod!

No comments: